Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Suit Me Up

Suit Me Up

The enemy is shooting shards 
Of lies and frustration
He's Occupying my mind 
With sin's magnification
There are no words to describe 
The pain that's piercing my mind
I'm ruminating on my past
I'm filled with anguish inside
Lord, help me swallow my pride 
And make my heart realize 
It's only by Your work not mine 
That I'm made clean in Your eyes
Lord edify my mind
In the strength of Your might
Suit me up in Your armor 
Give me the power to fight
I'm in the midst of a battle
I'm in a spiritual war
Faith in Your work shields me 
And my sword is Your Word
My belt is buckled in truth 
A plate's protecting my chest
It guards my heart from condemnation 
Launched from darkness' prince
Satan and demons always scheme
They strike with venom when I'm weak
Twist all my thoughts and motives
Attack my identity
Lord edify my mind
In the strength of Your might
Suit me up in Your armor 
Give me the power to fight
With this helmet of salvation 
And laced up boots on my feet
I will go fight for the elect 
Armed with the gospel of peace
The war has been won
But the battle remains
The whole world needs to hear 
How you've died for their stains

Sustain Me Lord
Suit me up

No comments:

Post a Comment