Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I Want You For You

I Want You For You

Lord, I want more of You
Not blessings from You, although, You are gracious
Not healing from You, although, You are able
Not financial profit, although, You are the Earth's proprietor
Not approval for my morality, although, You are the law incarnate
Not for an easier path, although, You are merciful
Not to take my burdens, although, You are where peace is found
Not to change my circumstances, although, You are sovereign 
Not for help, although, you are the ultimate servant
Not for refuge, although, You are my fortress
Not for any selfish gain I could ever covet, although, You are the giver of every good and perfect gift
Lord I simply want more of You 
For You


2 comments:

  1. What a challenge it is to seek The Giver and not the gifts. Great Post!

    I just heard this:

    Everything Minus Jesus = Nothing
    Nothing Plus Jesus = Everything

    ReplyDelete