Sunday, February 14, 2016

I Will Rest In His Name

I Will Rest In His Name

Have you ever been broken
Trails of tears on your cheek
Has your faith been outspoken
By doubt and disbelief
Have you fought through the demons
Through the bad and the worse
When the walls are caving in
And you're sure there's a curse
Intruding through thoughts
They attack who you are
Hissing and gnawing
While repeating past scars
To me this has happened
A dark night in my room
I fought and I fought
But the thoughts continued
My jaw and fists clinched
I had enough of all this
I called on a name
That one day I had missed
The One who had come
And conquered the dark
Bringing light to the deep
Raising up for my heart
From Judah to Nazareth
He lived in my place 
He never once failed 
Though they spat in His face 
The suffering He felt
No one can compare
The full wrath of God
Is what He had to bear
Justice and Mercy
Such uncommon mates
Met there upon Jesus'
Irresistible grace
In His name I now rest
Through the storm and the still
It's not always easy
But by His wounds I am healed

No comments:

Post a Comment