Thursday, February 4, 2016

In Glory

It's been quite sometime since I have written anything. My heart has been under attack and my mind has been through hell recently. Then a good friend gave me a book to help me understand depression through the eyes of one of the pillars of church history, Charles Haddon Spurgeon. It's called "Spurgeon's Sorrows" and it spoke to me more in the first 50 pages than most books do in 1,000 pages. After reading last night I had to get my thoughts on paper through some poetry. This is what came out of my heart. If you struggle with depression & anxiety I strongly recommend this book.

  In Glory

Though my mind tells me one thing
Your Word says another
Feelings of loneliness & condemnation
Your grace does not falter
For my feelings are not God breathed
My thoughts in a battlefield
I will cling to the foot of the cross
I will one day be healed
In glory with you
The battle finally over
No more feelings of despair
No nagging thoughts taking over
Radiance I will see
Your face in its beauty
I will finally have rest
You will sustain me... In Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment